Because you are not a crash dummy, you can get injured in an accident, even at low speeds.
Consider the following facts:
- Any collision can damage your neck & back
- Whiplash (neck injury) is the most common form of injury from Auto Accidents
- Other soft tissue injuries can occur to the low back , mid back region & extremities
- Injuries can occur at speeds less that 5 MPH even if the car is not damaged!
- 45% of people with chronic neck pain can attribute the pain to a past Auto Accident!
- Whiplash symptoms include headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, neck pain, stiffness in arms and shoulders, pain in hands, mid back pain and low back pain.
- Whiplash can cause early osteoarthritis and degeneration of the neck.
- A study done in the Journal of Orthopedic Medicine revealed that a 4 month course of chiropractic care was the best treatment for chronic whiplash.
- The best way to avoid permanent injury is to get early treatment.
The staff at Heritage is extremely knowledgeable about the whole process of auto accidents
- How does the insurance work
- Do I need an attorney? If I do can you recommend any (Hint, yes we can)
- Who is going to pay for my care? Is there out of pocket expenses
- The insurance company sent me a check and wants to settle, what should I do
- I have some pain but I'm not sure I'm injured, what should I do
If you have any of these questions please give us a call.
We can help you! (816) 322-1990
Interesting insurance videos
Anderson Cooper 360 -- Keeping them Honest: Insurance Battle
Chiropractic and Neck Pain
CNN Report Car Accident
Myth #3 of Top Ten Myths About Seattle Car Accident Claims